Platform Built for Ganpati Bappa FollowersRegister for Contest 2019
Latest Ganpati Decoration ArticlesRegister for Contest 2018
Photography tips to capture perfect moments of Ganesh Chaturthi
Tomorrow we will welcome Ganpati Bappa into our houses. With great zeal and enthusiasm we are all eagerly waiting for him to bestow his wisdom, health and prosperity on every one of us. Ganesh Chaturthi though lasts only for 10 days we retain its memories for a life time through photographs. This impulse to save our recorded memories tells us much about our constant desire to distil our most precious moments.
We preserve the important events in our lives. No longer do we need a DSLR to create best photographs. In an era where smart phones are always in our hands a photo is just a click away.
I know a lot of participants are gearing up to post your Ganpati decorations photos for the “Best Home Ganpati Decoration Contest 2016” held by Ganpati.TV. Last year we had a tough choice to select the best decoration among hundreds of entries. Hence this year we have shortlisted a few tips on basic photography for our readers so that they can capture their favorite deity in all its grandeur.
Ganpati Photography Tips & Suggestions
- Keep Your Lens Clean: your smartphone camera lenses do have grime on it due to constant usage. The results are hazy, dark images that won’t look good. Before clicking give your lens a quick wipe with a soft cloth or as a last resort clean with your T-shirt it will do just fine.
- Move in close: Many camera phones lack a zoom lens, so make sure you move in close to capture your subject. Fill your display screen with your subject to create pictures with greater impact. Don’t get too close or your pictures will be blurry and distorted. As a general rule, stand about one to two feet from your subject.
- Shoot at eye level: Direct eye contact can be as engaging in a picture as it is in real life. Eye level angle will create a personal and inviting feeling that pulls you into the picture.
- Observe the light: Try to take pictures in bright light. Without adequate lighting, your pictures will look dark and grainy. In sunlight, move around where the sun beams onto your subject. Indoors, turn on extra lights to brighten your subject.
- Stay still: Jittery hands cause blurring. Keep your hand still a second or two after shooting, since the shot is still processing. When you hear the click sound, it doesn’t mean you captured the photo, it just indicates that you pressed the shutter.
- Think before you shoot: The point of being a photographer is to capture the world as you see it and share your unique perspective with others. Take time to examine every single thing that’s showing in the photo, there should be no distractions that cause a viewer to look at something other than what you wanted them to see. Are there any water bottles or random objects that should be moved? Have you cropped off the top of someone’s head? Take some time to consider it.
So readers what are you waiting for. Charge up your cameras and gear up for Ganpati Bappa. Click all your lovely memories and email them on Ganpati.TV to win some exciting prizes.
By: Shivani Parikh (Ganpati.TV Team)
The team works hard to provide you useful information. Team also manages all content submitted by our users. If you like, please take a minute to share it on Social Networks.
Leave CommentsWrite a comment
Platform Built for Ganpati Bappa FollowersRegister for Contest 2022
This year, Ganesh Chaturthi is just a few days away and that leaves you with very less time to think of a new theme. You have already done and dusted few themes so many times that you have lost count. That straw hut concept was fine last year, and the year before that you had done the theme of recreating a scene of a park in your home for Lord Vigna Vinayaka!...Read More
In a few days, we shall be celebrating Ganesh Chaturthi festival. The festival literally marks the beginning of many other festivals like Navratri and Deepawali in this part of the year. Therefore, Ganpati Puja is one of the most important festivals in the country...Read More
Nowadays, every one looks for more ideas for theme based Ganpati decoration. Let us have a look at the second part of Top Twenty Ganpati Decoration Ideas that you may try this year at your home. Ideas below will help you to get more ideas and come up with unique theme of your own. Here are the Ganpati Decoration Theme based ideas for home Part 2...Read More